Tuesday 4 May 2010

Beginning of Manchester Cycle Chic

Now I decided to start a Manchester Cycle Chic because I love the London, Sheffield and obviously the original Copenhagen cycle chic blogs and searched for one closer to home and found none - saying that when I tried to search my own just now it did not come up.. So we will see there may be some hiding in the cybersphere..
I have recently become a cyclist, and my new pride and joy - less than 2 months old is Ethel (on the left) she is a Pashley Sonnet Bliss and I have kitted her out to ridiculousity! She now has even more gadgets and baskets attached! I have never been one to travel light (I own a granny trolley and used to use it constantly!) So now my trips between home in Fallowfield and my parents' home in Altrincham, where I also work - is made much easier by bike. Although I have not yet dared to cycle all the way - I cycle to Piccadilly Station and get the train.
I am not a very chic cyclist myself, purely because I am not a great dresser anyway! I do just wear what I would normally apart from my helmet - which I would like to replace when I can afford to a more stylish Bern or similar. I have seen many lovely bikes and cyclists around and want to share some of their styles - I am not great with pictures on the go yet so be patient! And it would be great if you could take some pictures of your own and let me know! I will now be taking longer on my journeys just to take pictures - but that is not a bad thing with the weather warming up I will arrived more refreshed with the quick picture breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment